If you’re like me, your true love and future husband from ages 7-13 was Nick Carter. Today after listening to the Backstreet Boys’ self-titled album in its entirety, I decided to do a bit of “Where Are They Now?” research on the Backstreet Boys.
I’ve also been itching to start a series of Little-Known Facts lists for various celebrities, so what better time to start than today with dear old Nick Carter? Read on for thrilling fun facts about America’s favorite middle-parted 90’s teen heartthrob.
- His middle name is Gene. Gene is also his father’s middle name.
- He has many siblings: BJ, Leslie, Angel, and the infamous Aaron.
- He appeared in the movie “Edward Scissorhands” and played a kid on a slip-n-slide. Points to anyone who sends me a screenshot!
- Nick was (is?) the youngest member of the Backstreet Boys. He was just 12 when the band formed.
- He released a solo album in 2002 that went gold in the U.S. and Canada. Who knew?
- In 2006, he starred in the 8-episode reality show “House of Carters” which from the few moments I watched, was just the Carter siblings snuggling and crying together.
- He married Lauren Kitt on April 12, 2014.
- He didn’t attend his sister Leslie’s funeral because of a family feud.
- Nick has struggled with drug and alcohol addictions but is now sober. He credits the “big brother” of the Backstreet Boys, Kevin Richardson, with helping him turn his life around.
- He is United Nations Special Ambassador for the Year of the Dolphin. In this role, he advocates for dolphins.